“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” -Oprah
Today is my 32nd Birthday. The 8 year old me would have thought that was incredibly old, nonetheless she would still be proud. I’ve had a lot of ups and downs, especially in the early part of my life. I came from a single parent home, product of a mother who was abused and and absent father. I refuse to let my past define my future.
The 32 year old me realizes how much of the world I still need to see. There’s no doubt that I’ve had my share of ups and downs, and each situation I’ve been in has helped shape the person I am today. The reality is, the longer I am on this earth the more I realize there’s so much to learn.
On my 32nd Birthday I decided to write a list of 32 thing I’ve learned along the way. Enjoy!
1. Practice gratitude
2. Inner radiance will always surpass outer beauty.
3. Getting older doesn’t suck.
4. The best money spent is on travel.
5. Spend more time creating memories.
6. The idea of what may happen is alway worse than reality.
7. Every situation in life is a lesson, what you do with that lesson is up to you.
8. What’s in the past is the past. Let that shit go.
9. When you forgive yourself, it’s easier to forgive others.
10. Society doesn’t have to dictate who you are.
11. Your parents did the best they could with what they had. Show them some grace from time to time.
12. Practice more self care.
13. Stop trying to micromanage everything.
14. Don’t fear the unknown.
15. Your faith and beliefs
may change over time. Embrace the change.
16. Walking away doesn’t equal failure.
17. Listen to your intuition more often.
18. Finding your soulmate is possible.
19. Love is not for suckers.
20. Unconditional love breaks boundaries.
21. You are stronger then your physical body.
22. Don’t be afraid to speak your truth.
23. When things become too overwhelming meditate.
24. Move. Whether it’s dancing, yoga or running. Get that energy moving.
25. Go outside and get lost in nature.
26. Be open, you have nothing to lose.
27. If you’re not consistent with yourself you’ll have a difficult time be consistent in every area of your life.
28. Stop being so critical of your appearance.
29. Social media is an illusion.
30. Don’t compare yourself to others.
31. Your hopes and dreams will always be there. It’s up to you to make them come to life.
32. Find time to cultivate your inner child.
What are some lessons you’ve learned? How have they impacted you?